Technology -- The SwiftReach NDN™
The key to any successful emergency notification campaign begins and ends with the type of network used to deliver the message. With this in mind, SwiftReach has invested in and built a network dedicated exclusively to the delivery of emergency messages. This means there are no marketing messages or political ”robocalls” which lead to network degradation, delays and failures. This unique network-centric approach offers SwiftReach customers the benefits of the highest success rates in the industry.
The SwiftReach NDN (Notification Delivery Network) was built with one thing in mind; To deliver critical messages with the utmost reliability and speed while allowing complete control of each notification.
- The SwiftReach NDN is a network comprised of a physical layer of telecommunications switches purpose-built for and dedicated exclusively to emergency notifications.
- SwiftReach is licensed by the FCC as a carrier-class network provider used to carry critical voice and data messages.
- The NDN is interconnected to more than 20 carriers for delivering voice messages with unparalleled speed and reliability.
- The NDN uses an SMS (Short Message Service) short code which is approved by all major wireless providers for the purpose of delivering text messages on a mass-scale.
- The NDN uses a proprietary routing algorithm to deliver critical messages in a way which eliminates congestion, failures and delay.
- The SwiftReach NDN is engineered using a mesh configuration providing a redundant and load-balanced environment across 4 Data Centers located in New York, Chicago, Dallas and Miami.
What does this mean for customers who rely on critical notifications being delivered to its audience?
SwiftReach is the only emergency notification provider that physically owns and operates a complete telephony network. SwiftReach uses its own proprietary routing algorithm designed to eliminate network congestion and provide true network optimization.
- Intelligent Routing Technology load balances calls across the entire network.
- Each message is routed using our proprietary algorithm thereby eliminating congestion caused by overloading any one single network.
- Real-time visibility and control over message delivery ensuring the highest level of success.
- Automatically detects network congestion within milliseconds and routes messages accordingly.
- Detects real-time answer and disconnect supervision for each and every call. This prevents ports from being “hung” which causes unnecessary delays and congestion.
- Set a “concurrent call rate” per message campaign ensuring that local telecom infrastructure is not overloaded.
- Simultaneously delivers messages via all contact methods including voice, text, fax and email.
- Fully redundant infrastructure with all 4 data centers built using:
- Redundant class 4 voice switches, each physically connected to 20 carriers.
- Redundant Power Sources and Battery Back-Ups
- Multiple GB-E connections in each location.
- Redundant Database, Call Processors and Web Servers.
- Highest level of security with network layer encryption and encrypted usernames and passwords. NDN is firewall protected preventing any DOS (Denial-of-Service) attacks.
Interested in learning more about the technology that powers SwiftReach notification systems?
Read our white paper.